Late to the Banksia party!10:55 a.m.
I've had this pattern for such a long time, but only got around to stitching it up this weekend.
I used a fabric I've had for an equally long time. A cotton blend of not great quality, but such a pretty pattern, I thought it would make a nice practice top to check for fit.
I cut out a size Large. I've gained a lot of weight recently and a fair amount has gone straight onto my chest and tummy. Checking the size chart I should have cut out an XL for my bust, grading down to a medium for my waist and hips.
If I were less lazy I should have cut out a medium and done a full bust adjustment, but I thought with such a loose fit style I'd risk splitting the difference and cut out a Large.
The gamble paid off, I'm pretty happy with the fit. The darts are in a good position and I like the loose style. I think possibly the neck could be smaller, but again I quite like the loose fit.
I cheated on the placket, and simply stitched my buttons right through without making button holes. The blouse fits easily over my head, and well to be honest it was getting dark out in my shed, and dinner was almost ready, I simply wanted to wear my blouse today.
I will definately make this blouse again, and I'm thinking of using some vintage fabric to make a dress version.